Students Transferring to MHCC
Steps to Register for Transfer Students
You are considered a Transfer Student if:
- You have completed course work at another college or university and
- You are registering at MHCC for the first time
If you . . .
- Are transferring to MHCC with previously completed college level course work in reading, writing and math completed with a "C" grade or higher and
- Have official or unofficial copies of your transcripts
These are your steps to register:
STEP 1: Complete the College Admission Form - Apply online at https://my.mhcc.edu/ics/Admissions or complete the paper versionthe form is available online, in the Testing Center, the Academic Advising and Transfer Center and the Admissions and Records Office.
STEP 2: Demonstrate Skill Proficiency - You will need to bring official or unofficial copies of your transcripts to the Academic Advising and Transfer Center. If you have not completed college level math, reading and writing, you may be asked to take the College Placement Test (CPT) before an advisor can assist you. Call 503-491-7678 for testing information.
STEP 3: During your time with an advisor you will receive:
- General information about the college
- A free MHCC Catalog and Student Handbook
- An unofficial evaluation of your transcript
- Academic Advising
- Your MHCC ID number if it is available
STEP 4: Register
- See the quarterly schedule of classes for the registration dates and instructions
- Web registration- you will need your MHCC ID number which may be provided when you meet with an advisor
- In-person- available in the Admissions, Registration and Records Office
If you are disabled and need special accommodations contact Disability Services Office at (503) 491-6923 or 491-7670 (TDD) a minimum of two weeks prior to the beginning of the term.
Refer to MHCC Spring Schedule for Office Hours
For more information, contact:
Admissions and Records Office (503) 491-7392/Fax: (503) 491-7388
Academic Advising and Transfer Center (503) 491-7315