Mt. Hood Community College will strive to maintain high legal, ethical and professional standards in the management of the resources entrusted to it. In doing so the college will ensure that goods and services are acquired so that it:
- Obtains optimal value by incurring the lowest cost in the fulfillment of specified needs with appropriate levels of quality and service
- Maintains a fair, open and competitive process
- Meets it legal and ethical obligations in the acquisition of goods and services by purchase or lease
Code of Ethics
- SOURCE: National Association of Educational Procurement Code of Ethics (NAEP)
- DATE ISSUED: August 20, 2009
- DATE REVISED: August 20, 2009
Mt. Hood Community College requires that all professional purchasing employees and their delegates authorized to conduct purchasing activities adhere to the principles and standards promulgated by the National Association of Educational Procurement (NAEP) Code of Ethics.
On September 14, 2011, the Mt. Hood Community College Board of Education will consider adoption of a new set of procurement rules of procedure, known as the Community College Rules of Procurement. To review a draft of the proposed rules, click here. To see a before-and-after summary of the proposed changes, click here.
In addition to rules that the College may adopt for itself, the College is subject to the Oregon Public Procurement Code (ORS Chapters 279A, 279B, and 279C). Except to the extent that the College adopts its own rules, the College also adheres to the Oregon Attorney General Model Public Contract Rules (OAR Chapter 137 Divisions 46, 47, 48, and 49).