Career Pathways - Machine Tool
- Do you like to work with your hands?
- Do you like to use tools and equipment?
- Do you like to work with metal and machinery?
- Do you have good coordination, mobility, and eyesight?
- Can you stand on your feet for a long time and lift heavy objects?
If you say yes, then machine tool technology could be the perfect career for you!
This half-year program provides training to help you gain the skills for an entry-level position as a machine tool operator or a CNC operator. When you complete the training, you can look for work right away. You can also continue to study for a degree in Integrated Metals while you are working.
- Job placement help for students completing the program
- Learn about blueprint reading, precision measuring, CNC machining, math, and industrial safety
- Improve your English skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking
- Full-time daytime training: eight hours of classes during the day Monday through Friday.
- Pre-term Class: EWD6IT, Vocational ESL for Industrial Technology
For more information on the classes click here -
For information on Machine Tool Training with VESL contact: Angelique Kauffman, Workforce Development Specialist, 503-660-1444, Angelique.Kauffman@mhcc.edu.
For information about the mainstream machine tool technology program, please click here: