Past Due Accounts and Collections
Past Due Accounts
Financial holds are placed on student accounts with past due balances after the 2nd Friday of each term. This hold will restrict registration, withholding of diploma and transcripts.
Delinquent Student Account:
A student account that has been assessed one late fee is considered a delinquent account.
Late Payment Penalties:
Failure to pay tuition/fees or to process an approved Student Installment Payment Plan by the due date will result in late payment penalties. A $10 late fee is assessed on charges every 30 days past due with a maximum of $30 each term.
Denial of Credit:
The College may require advance payment of future services on accounts that have been previously referred for collection.
Assignment to Collection Agency
Delinquent accounts 90 days past due may be turned over to an outside collection agency for collection of the debt. Prior to referring an account to a collection agency, the College will make a reasonable effort to notify the account holder of the status of the account and impending collection action. The College cannot make or accept special payment arrangements to avoid assignment to a collection agency.
The following are consequences of the student's account being turned over for collections:
- Student will be responsible for repayment of the original debt plus reimbursement of any collection agency fees, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 20% of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees we incur in such collection efforts.
- The Oregon Department of Revenue may withhold the student's tax refund and remit it to the college as payment toward their outstanding debt.
- The student's account may be reported to one or more nationally recognized credit-reporting bureaus.
- Arrangements for repayment must be made with the outside collection agency not the College.
- If an account that has been assigned to an outside collection agency is paid by check (at the agency), the financial hold will not be lifted until 10 business days have passed.