Frequently Asked Questions

About Admissions, Registration and Records


For Frequently Asked Questions about our College Placement Test (CPT), please visit or you may contact Testing Services at 503-491-7678.


Q: I would like to attend your college. What do I need to do to be admitted?
: The first step to enroll at Mt. Hood Community College (MHCC) is to complete a Student Admission Form. This will allow us to create your student record and give you access to the MyMHCC portal. The admission form is available at

Q: What is the MyMHCC portal?
A: The MyMHCC portal is your online gateway for all MHCC information and communications. This secure one-stop site allows you to connect with faculty, staff and students, register for courses, keep up with college activities and take care of many areas of college business.

Q: What happens after I submit the Student Admission Form?
A: You will receive an acceptance letter with additional information on how to get started. The letter will also list your MHCC student identification (ID) number..

Q: Do I need to fill out a new admission form if I have taken classes at MHCC before?
A: If you have not taken classes at MHCC in the past four terms, you will need to submit an updated admission form.


Q: What is my user name at the MyMHCC portal?
A: Your user name is your MHCC student ID number.

Q: What is my password?
A: The first time you log on to the MyMHCC portal, your six-digit birth date is your password. After the first time you log on, you will need to create your own password using exactly eight letters and numbers combined together.

Q: How do I register for classes?
A: Once you have applied, been assigned your MHCC student ID number and taken the CPT, you can register online at the MyMHCC portal or in person in the Student Services Center at the Gresham Campus. Please see for options to taking the CPT.

Q: What if I forget my password for the MyMHCC portal?
A: If you have forgotten your password, you can click on the "I forgot my password" link on the login page. The system will email you a new password if you have a valid email address on file. When you select this option, your old password will no longer work. If you fail to receive an email within a reasonable time, please call 503-491-7393.

Q: How do I find my classes?
A: The Quarterly Schedule of Classes lists the course time and location for each class. It can be found on the MHCC website at For the physical location of a classroom, refer to the campus map at You may view an online video demonstration on how to find your classes at

Q: Who can I contact if I need additional information about registration?
A: Additional information about registration is available in the Academic Advising and Transfer Center (503-491-7315) or in the Admissions, Registration and Records Office (503-491-7393) both located in the Student Services Center at the Gresham Campus.

For additional directions on Online Learning courses, please see: Online Learning Frequently Asked Questions.

Q: What if I have taken other classes from another college?
A: The MHCC computer system cannot verify coursework from other colleges. You must contact your school and request an official transcript be sent to Admissions and Records to be officially evaluated in order to register for course(s) that have pre requisites.

Q: How long do I have to register for a class?
A: Students may register via the MyMHCC portal until 12: 00 a.m.. the night before the first day of a class. After that time, you need the instructor's permission. Contact the instructor for additional information on adding the class late.

Q: What happens if I am on a waiting list for a class?
A: You can keep checking your schedule at the MyMHCC portal to see if you have been added to the class. If added, you will also be notified by mail. If you are not added prior to the class begin date, you need to contact the instructor for permission to add late.

Q: How do I drop a class?
A: : You can drop a class online via the MyMHCC portal. The class will not show on your transcript if you drop a standard term length class before the refund period. A "W" will be on the transcript if you drop after the refund period and you are responsible for the charges. See your Course and Fee Statement for refund dates for non-standard term classes. If you have a "Hold" on your record, you will need to drop the course in the Student Services Center at the Gresham Campus or email your request to a&


Q:Where can I obtain my college picture ID?
A: Once you have registered for classes at MHCC, you can receive an MHCC photo ID card at the college library two weeks prior to the start of the term.

New Students
Start HereClick the "Start" button to apply for admission and financial aid, register for classes, tour the campus, purchase your books, and be ready to start the new term!

© 2014 Mt. Hood Community College | 26000 SE Stark St. | Gresham, OR 97030 | 503-491-6422
 Last Modified: 6/23/2015 04:02:02 PM