Thank you for visiting the Mt. Hood Community College website. Your privacy is very important to us. Simply stated, our policy is not to collect personal information about you when you visit our website unless you affirmatively choose to make such information available to us.
When you visit our website, our Web server automatically recognizes certain kinds of information from all visitors. This data does not result in the identification of your personal email address or other personal information about who are, your street information, phone number, etc. Specifically, our web server automatically records general data on all users who browse the content of our site. The data collection includes:
- Your IP address. This information does not result in the identification of your personal email address or other personal information.
- The Internet domain for your Internet service provider.
- The type and version of the browser you are using to access our site (such as Internet Explorer 9.0 or Firefox 27.0.1).
- The type and version of the operating system you use (such as Macintosh or Windows).
- The address of the previous site you were visiting.
- The pages you visit on the MHCC site.
- The date, time, and length of time of your visit.
This data is accumulated for all visitors and analyzed to help us improve the site's organization, performance, and usefulness. This data is only examined in the aggregate, not at the individual level. We never sell or rent information to any third parties under any circumstances.
If you choose to share personal information -- by sending us a message or filling out an electronic form with personal information -- we will use the information only for the purposes for which you authorized. Some of the information may be saved for a designated period of time to comply with the state of Oregon archiving policies, but we will not disclose the information to third parties or other government agencies, unless required or authorized to do so by state or federal law. For more information on this, go to our Confidentiality of Student Records information.
If you have other questions about our privacy policies, or have ideas about improving our policies, please feel free to contact us.