• High School Credit Recovery

  • The High School Credit Recovery Program at Mt. Hood Community College is a service we provide to currently enrolled high school students grades 9-12 in the Portland-Metropolitan area.

    Students looking to recover credits from classes taken at their home high school can retake those courses through our spring or summer program. We offer high school level classes in all core subject areas required for the completion of the Oregon Diploma and local high school graduation requirements.

    Our courses are approved by the Oregon Department of Education as original credit courses, as they also serve students enrolled in our Adult High School Diploma Program. With approval from the home high school, students seeking to accelerate their high school education may take our courses for original credit.

    How Do I Get Started?

    Students who are interested in taking courses for Credit Recovery or Acceleration should first meet with their high school counselor in order to determine what courses are appropriate in order to meet their graduation goals. Then:

    • Apply for Admission. If you have previously taken Credit Recovery, College Now, or Community Education courses, then you already have an MHCC ID. If you are unsure if you have an MHCC ID or not, please call our office at 503-491-7421.
    • Complete the Underage Release and Liability Form. If you are 18 or if you have taken a Credit Recovery course within the past 12 months, you do not need to complete this step.
    • Register for Classes. Once you have your MHCC ID# and have discussed with your counselor what courses you need to take, log in, choose the course or courses you wish to take (up to 4).

    Note: If you have a previous balance or do not have a current High School Permission Form on file, the system will not allow you to register.

    • Past Due Balance? You may pay your past due balance through the MyMHCC Portal, or in person at Student Services on the Gresham MHCC Campus.
    • Expired Underage Release & Liability Form? Print and complete a new form (make sure it is signed by your high school counselor or principal) and return it to High School Services in room 1162 on the main Gresham Campus, or fax it to 503-491-7390

    At the end of the session, grades are sent directly to the student’s home high school to be transcripted for credit. Students may access their grades at any time through the MyMHCC Portal.

    For more information, please contact High School Services at 503-491-7421.

  • Need Help?

    The Orientation Center, located in room AC 2253 on the Gresham Campus, and the Maywood Park campus, is available to help you:

    • Apply for or look up your MHCC ID#
    • Register for classes
    • Troubleshoot issues with the My MHCC Portal

    For hours and availability, please visit The OC’s website

    Primary Contact: