CIS151 is the first of a three-course sequence that uses the Cisco Networking Academy curriculum. The course is a comprehensive program designed to teach students networking and internetworking technology skills. It introduces networking standards, concepts, topology, media and terminology including LANs, WANs, the OSI model, cabling, IP addressing, subnetting, network hardware and various protocols. Additional material is supplied that goes beyond the scope of the Cisco curriculum.
- Demonstrate use of networking mathematics, terminology, and models
- Explain the fundamental principles and concepts of the seven-layer OSI model
- Analyze and troubleshoot multiple-layer problems of the seven-layer OSI model for troubleshooting
- Construct and test cabling for LANs and WANs
- Perform mathematical tasks to solve IP addressing and subnetting scenarios