||Network Security Fundamentals
ClS284NS introduces students to the ever growing need for professionals trained in network security. This class combines hands-on
experience, instructor-led lectures, and web-based curriculum for students. The course is an introduction to network security and
overall security processes. At the completion of this course the student will have gained the necessary knowledge to confidently take
a certification exam in network security.
- Analyze a simulated organization's security needs based on known security threats and select appropriate security
hardware, software, policies and configurations based on that analysis.
- Demonstrate advanced installation, configuration, monitoring, troubleshooting, maintenance, and recovery on
routers and switches.
- Configure intrusion detection features on routers and switches.
- Install and configure CSACS for AAA service on routers and switches.
- Configure site-to-site VPNs between devices and remote access VPNs between devices and clients to ensure privacy