AVID Learning Specialists are here for you!
What is Academic Coaching? How can AVID Learning Specialists Help?
As your academic coaches, we can help you:
- Adjust to online and in-person learning
- Get you connected to the right resources (tutoring, financial aid and payment questions, internet access, scholarships, academic advising, Blackboard, MyMHCC, and more)
- Create short and long-term goal setting and planning to achieve goals
- Make a useful study schedule and keep track of your busy life: due dates, classes, work, and personal commitments etc.
- Learn how to better prepare for exams and feel less anxious with study and focus strategies
- Get more comfortable with Blackboard and MHCC technology
- And more!
It’s our job to teach you all the “hidden” info about college so that you can be more successful. Just let us know you need help and we can make a plan. You can ask us any questions- if we don’t know the answer, we’ll connect you to the person who does.
Are you a self-learner?
Full list of AVID/Learning Success Center Resources, Videos, and Document Downloads Here
You can work with us in person or online. We want to know what is working well or needs improvement, so please send your comments to the area coordinator (Sarah.Aimone@mhcc.edu). Thanks for your patience and we look forward to supporting your learning!