Electronic resources available through the library at Mt. Hood Community College (MHCC) are licensed by the Library for use by current MHCC students, employees, and walk-in visitors to the Library.
Resource types include but are not limited to electronic databases, e-journals, e-books, image files, and practice test sites.
In general, authorized users may access licensed electronic resources for educational, non-commercial purposes only. Failure to comply with the terms of these licenses can result in an immediate loss of access to a resource for the entire College community. Disciplinary action for individuals failing to comply with the terms of these licenses will follow the MHCC
Student Code of Conduct process.
The library's electronic resources license agreements generally prohibit the following uses:
- Downloading entire issues of electronic journals, large portions of electronic books, or attempting to create large databases from electronic resources content.
- Systematic downloading of content, either manually, or with specialized software such as robots, scripts, or other software programs.
- Using licensed resources for commercial purposes.
- Sharing an access password with unauthorized users including but not limited to family, friends, or co-workers.
- Redistributing copyrighted licensed content to non-authorized users including but not limited to posting content on a publicly accessible web site.
- Engaging in actions intended to circumvent access control measures of the Library or Electronic Resource provider to licensed content.
When using any library electronic resources, all users must comply with MHCC's Student Code of Conduct, MHCC Board Regulation AR-2060-B, and
U.S. Copyright Law (including the protections of fair use and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998).
Many electronic resources have more detailed terms and conditions regarding acceptable usage. Please
Ask a Librarian for specific information related to acceptable use.