A Unique Festival Experience
The Mt. Hood Jazz Festival immerses students and directors in a three-day festival experience that showcases the journey of a musician from middle school to professional level.
Your students will have the opportunity to:
- Receive valued feedback,
- Receive an on-stage clinic,
- Attend masterclasses specific to their instrument or a related topic,
- Attend professional performances by leading regional and national jazz artists!
In addition, this festival offers:
- Access to masterclasses and performances by local professionals and our guest headliner,
- Performances by Mt. Hood Community College Jazz Ensemble and jazz faculty ensembles,
- Options to qualifying for the Oregon State Jazz Championships,
- Divisions for High School Big Bands and Combos,
- Divisions for Middle School Big Bands and Combos,
- Options to perform for ratings or "comments only,"
- On-stage clinics with adjudicators immediately after you perform,
- A taste of the local community with vendors and food trucks,
- Constructive recorded and written feedback on your ensemble’s performance,
- A positive musical experience that will energize your students and your program!
Help your students plan their festival experience by mapping out which performances and masterclasses they will attend!