• Personal Counseling

  • Ver esta página en Español en el traductor de Google

    Смотрите эту страницу на русском языке в Google Переводчике

    Xem trang này do Google dịch sang tiếng Việt

    MHCC faculty counselors provide no-cost, short-term, confidential individual counseling for currently enrolled students. Please email counseling@mhcc.edu or call (503) 491-7432 to schedule an appointment.

    If you or someone you know is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911 or connect with a crisis hotline for immediate help.

    Issues commonly addressed with students by our faculty counselors include:

    • Academic Concerns related to performance anxiety, perfectionism, underachievement, low motivation, physical or mental disability status
    • Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Concerns related to impact of oppression, power, privilege, identity, and intersectionality.
    • Developmental Concerns related to identity development, adjustment to college, and life transitions.
    • Personal Concerns related to stress and anxiety, depression, anger, loneliness, guilt, low self-esteem, and grief.
    • Relationship Concerns related to romantic relationship difficulties, sexual concerns, domestic violence, roommate problems and family issues.
    • Other concerns including effects of trauma, sexual assault, abuse, family history, spirituality, body image, food preoccupation, and healthy lifestyle choices.

    Issues that fall outside the scope of our counseling services include:

    • Request for formal psychological evaluation for the purpose of employment clearance, determining eligibility for vocational rehabilitation or disability benefits, or documentation for emotional support or service animals.
    • Student concerns that required open-ended, ongoing psychotherapy before coming to MHCC.
    • A history of multiple hospitalizations, chronic suicidality and/or self-injury behaviors; history of repeated suicide attempts.
    • Evidence or risk of progressive deterioration in mental or emotional functioning, requiring intensive intervention.
    • Substance/Alcohol Use Disorder treatment
    • Currently intoxicated and/or impaired by use of alcohol/drugs.
    • Eating Disorder treatment.
    • Court-mandated assessment or treatment requirements.