Student Writing Tutors
On Campus: Monday through Thursday, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m. and Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Online: Monday through Saturday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Languages Spoken in the Writing Center
Spanish: Work with Midori in AC1451, Tuesdays, 1 - 5 p.m. and Thursdays, 12 - 4 p.m
Russian: Work with Sofiya in AC1451, Thursdays, 12:30 - 4 p.m.
Japanese: Work with Natasha in AC1451, Mondays, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.; Tuesdays, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. AND 2 - 5 p.m.; Fridays, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Thai: Work with Ratchanee ("Nee") in AC1451, Wednesdays, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Amharic: Work with Itsegenet in AC1451, Mondays, 1 - 2 p.m.; Wednesdays, 9 - 10 a.m. AND 12:30 - 5 p.m.; Fridays, 9 - 10 a.m. AND 1 - 3 p.m.
Work With Us In-Person or Online.
For in-person writing help, please join us on the MHCC Gresham campus, room AC1451- a computer lab on the college’s main level - at the hours indicated as “on campus” hours above.
For online help, just send an email to email@example.com and we’ll make a plan with you for help either by Zoom conference or by comments back on your paper. Follow the directions below.
- Send an email with your question at any time, and a staff member will reply during open hours. Please include:
- A subject – something simple like “writing tutoring” will ensure we receive the message in our inbox
- Your name and 6-digit MHCC ID
- The course and instructor name
- So that we can help you, please also include:
- What kind of assignment is this?
- When is the assignment due?
- What is your goal for how the tutor will help? Some examples are, “I need help revising my thesis” or “I want to make sure I’m following the instructions”
- Send to Writing.Tutor@mhcc.edu
Note: We prefer that you use your Saints email address if you are able to access it at this time. If not, let us know and we will help.
- Check your email for a response from a writing tutor. We can offer you various online options for writing or English language help, including:
- A meeting on Zoom or on Microsoft Teams
- Comments back on your Word document
- Comments on shared documents, such as OneDrive
- An answer to a short question through email message.
- You can also make your own appointment: To schedule an appointment, you can also just click here
- Please note that we will not "edit" or make changes to any student's paper or assignment for them. But we will talk with you (or make written comments to you) about how you might improve your paper or do your assignment with
more success. We may be asking you questions, and your answers to those questions will help you write a better paper and become a better writer or English language user.
We want to know what is working well or needing improvement to our online or in person services. Please send any comments to the area coordinator (Lawrence.Gilius@mhcc.edu). Thanks for your patience, and we look forward to supporting your learning!