How do I set up my student email?
A few days after you first register for classes, you’ll have an MHCC email address and free access to Microsoft Office 365! As long as you remain an active student (registered for at least one class in the past four terms), you will retain this email address and access. The College will use this address to send all official notices to you, so be sure to check it at least twice a week. To get started, follow the instructions below.
Step 1. Find your Saints email address and temporary password
- Go to
MyMHCC and log in.
- Click on the Student Services tab.
- Click on the “Message Center” folder on the left side of the page in the gray box. Look for a message called “Your SAINTS Password”. This will contain your student email address and temporary password
Step 2. Set-up your saints email account
- Click on the
Saints Email link (under the Quick Links menu) on the left side of MyMHCC. This will take you to the Outlook365 email system.
- Enter your Saints email address and temporary password.
- Next, re-enter your temporary password; then create a new password (8 – 16 characters in length) with at least one uppercase, one lowercase and one number and/or symbol.
- The next screens are to help you keep your account secure and to enable you to reset your password.
- You’ll have to complete Microsoft verification of your identity (if you choose to skip this, it will appear every time you try to log in). You’ll need verify your identity in 2 of 3 ways.
- The default verification is to download the Microsoft Authenticator app to your phone and follow the steps for verification. But many students experience problems with setting this up. Instead you might choose to click the link in the lower left hand corner, “Try another way.”
- This will allow the user to choose for verification. Enter a phone number for a text message (you’ll receive a code to enter) or a phone call for secure access.
- You’ll be redirected to the Authenticator again, which you can bypass again through “Try another way”. Choose email and enter an alternate email, different from your Saints email).
- This information will assist you in access or self-service password resets.
- You are now set up with MHCC Saints email!
Step 3. Ensure access to your email
- When logging in with your Saints Email (or staff email) and password, you should always see the MHCC logo at some point in the process. If you don’t see this, Microsoft may think you’re trying to use a personal account. Always choose Work or School account, rather than personal account for MHCC email accounts.
- If you have multiple Microsoft accounts (Microsoft, Hotmail, Outlook) and you’ve had your browser save these, the browser can become confused about what account you’re logging into. To reduce confusion just open a New private window in Firefox or an Incognito window in Chrome, so that your browser will not automatically log into an account. This method will not hold onto your credentials in the browser.
- If you still can’t log into your Saints Email (or staff email) account and you see an error message, you might also clear the cache on your browser (Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari, etc.).
- Your Microsoft account may only continue to work up to one year after you are a MHCC student. If you have not been an MHCC student for over a year and you want access to your Saints Email, please contact us (see below) to gain temporary access to this account. At some point, accounts that are not active may be deleted.
If you don’t see an alert or email message regarding Saints email, click on Personal Info (next to your name at the top of MyMHCC) and write down your Saints email address. Connect with one of the locations below (we’ll want your name, ID, and birthdate to confirm identity), and we’ll issue a temporary password:
- In person help, come to the HUB, AC2253
- In person help, come to the AC1451 Computer Lab on the first floor (503-491-7208)
- Email Computer.Tutor@mhcc.edu
- Library front desk
- Submit an ticket to the help desk with this
- Community Skills Center at the Maywood Park Campus