Student Employment

  • Student employment provides part-time jobs for students. There are two kinds of student workers on campus:

    Federal Work-Study (FWS): FWS employees are paid from their FWS award that is part of their financial aid package. You must apply for financial aid and be awarded to become eligible for FWS.

    Student Aide (SA): SAs do the same jobs as FWS, but they are paid out of departmental funds. There are fewer SA jobs on campus.  If you do not qualify for FWS, you may stop by different offices on campus and ask for work. Sometimes MHCC staff members will create an SA position that suits your skills and interests.

  • Student Employment Orientation

    Student Employment Front CTA
    Before starting any FWS or SA job, either on-campus or at an approved off-campus location, you must complete the Student Employment Orientation . If you are looking for a job in the community, check out our Career Planning & Counseling Center website .

    Student Timesheet