English | Spanish
What do the programs offer?
The Transitions/Transiciones programs can provide the resources and support you'll need to make career decisions, strengthen your self-confidence and develop college success skills.
Some of these resources include:
- FREE COLLEGE CLASSES In these classes you will develop a career plan, make new friends and prepare for college. Classes are offered fall, winter and spring terms.
- Transitions is one term and offers 2 free college classes for a total of 3 credits. HD101 College Success (2 credits) and HD110 Career Exploration (1credit).
- Transciones is taught entirely in Spanish and runs for 3 terms, (fall + winter and spring and offers 3 free college classes for a total of 7 credits, The first term is an HD90 course Transition to College (1 credit), winter
term is Life Transitions ( 3 credits), and spring term is Career and Life Planning (3 credits).
- CAREER EXPLORATION—Speakers and activities that will help you find potential career paths and job satisfaction
- PEER MENTORS—Graduates of these programs are available to encourage and guide you in achieving your goals.
- RESOURCES—Counseling and advising, support groups and scholarship workshops will help you succeed in school.
- VOLUNTEER AND LEADERSHIP OPPORTUNITIES—Build self-esteem and leadership skills by working or volunteering at MHCC.
- FINANCIAL HELP—Low-income students who qualify may receive financial assistance for needs such as books, fees and transportation.
- FOLLOW-UP SUPPORT—After Transitions classes, staff are available to help you stay in school and succeed.
Want to Know More
For more information about the Transitions program email email@example.com