• Transfer To A Four-Year College in Visual Arts

  • Graduates of our program have numerous options for transferring to a four-year school. If you are thinking of transferring, however, we recommend that you contact your faculty adviser as early as possible. Faculty can talk to you about which school would be best for your academic interests, your budget and your career goals. Faculty will guide you as to what classes you should enroll in that will serve to complete your associate’s degree and also satisfy transfer requirements. It’s especially important that you have an educational plan mapped out to meet financial aid requirements, and our faculty can help you with that.

    Admission and degree requirements vary among colleges and universities. Students are advised to meet with a music faculty adviser early to develop an educational plan and to confirm specific admission/major/degree requirements of the four-year program.

    Note: Community colleges do not award transfer degrees in a subject area such as art history, visual arts, but do award an Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer degree, an Associate of Science Oregon Transfer. Your ability to transfer as a junior into a four-year will be based on completion of the arts courses recommended as a 2-year guide found under the “ Visual Arts Program” link.

    Below is a partial listing of Oregon Colleges offering four-year art degrees or a minor in art studio, art history and art education.

    College Link
    Eastern Oregon University eou.edu/music
    Oregon State University liberalarts.oregonstate.edu/dept/arts/
    Portland State University pdx.edu/the-arts/
    Southern Oregon University sou.edu/art
    Oregon College of Arts & Crafts ocac.edu