Gateway to College (GtC) is a college-based dual enrollment program for students who are behind in credits for their age and grade-level and those who have left high school completely. Students earn their high school diploma while simultaneously earning
college credits toward a post-secondary credential.
Gateway to College partners with school districts to cover tuition, fees and books each fall, winter and spring term.
To get enrolled and start working toward a high school diploma, individuals will need to be an MHCC Student. Below you will find the steps for new students.
Note, the submission of official transcripts step may be completed at any point of the entry
- The first step is to talk to the Gateway to College liaison at your home high school:
- Apply for Admissions: Apply online either from home, or in our Orientation Center, located in AC 2253. The Admissions process
is quick, easy and free! Within 1-3 business days, you will receive a unique MHCC ID.
- Contact HighSchool.Services@mhcc.edu for an invite to our next Information Sessions.
- Once a student has obtained their MHCC ID number, they can take the College Placement Test (CPT). The CPT will determine which classes a student should start with at the college. Even if students have taken dual credit classes before, they will still
need to take the CPT. The CPT is a free, drop-in service at the Testing Center on our campus located in Room 2335. For the Testing Center schedule click the link or call 503-491-7591.
- Submit an official high school transcript: Official transcripts should be in a sealed envelope from the school or school district the student last attended. Contact the high school or high school district for more information on obtaining an official
transcript. The easiest way to have a transcript delivered to the Gateway Program is to have your high school counselor email or fax a copy directly to: Samantha.firstname.lastname@example.org,
- Students will then meet with the GtC coordinator for an intake appointment. Students must bring their completed application and official transcript from high school. During the intake appointment, students will:
- Discuss educational/career goals and develop an education plan.
- Learn how to register for classes and discuss the various resources available.
Have Additional Questions?
High School Services
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.