Students walking around on campus

Transfer to MHCC

Are you looking to transfer to Mt. Hood Community College? We’re committed to helping you succeed. So take that first step, and learn more about the transfer process and your path to graduation.

Will my credits transfer to MHCC?

The first question you probably have when deciding to transfer to MHCC is whether or not we will accept the credits you’ve earned at your current school. MHCC accepts all coursework from colleges and universities accredited by one of the following regional Associations of Colleges and Schools: Middle States, North Central, New England, Northwest, Southern, or Western. This includes all Oregon community colleges and schools in the Oregon University System. If you’re uncertain whether your credits will transfer, use our transfer course equivalency tool to find out.

I’m ready to transfer. What do I do next?

If you are ready to take that next step, we’re excited to have you as part of our MHCC community. Follow these steps below to apply for MHCC and to have your official transcripts evaluated.

  1. Complete the general admission application to get an MHCC student ID number.

  2. Order your official transcripts from your other college(s). You can have them sent electronically to [email protected] or by mail to: MHCC Admissions Office, 26000 SE Stark St., Gresham, OR 97030. Please note, e-transcripts must be received directly from a secure delivery service provider. They are not considered official if forwarded to MHCC from the student.

    Foreign-based educational transcriptsTo get credit for classes from schools outside the US, you need an official evaluation from a company that is a member of NACES or AICE.  Classes must be post-secondary, evaluated class by class, from an institution that is comparable to a regionally accredited US school, and is parallel in content to MHCC coursework.  Transfer credit from foreign/non-US based educational institutions follow the same rules as transfer credits from schools inside the US. In some cases you may have to provide class descriptions in English for any class you wish to apply toward admission or degree requirements.

  3. Complete the transfer evaluation form. Transcripts are evaluated on a first come, first serve basis for admitted students. Turnaround time is generally two to three weeks. When your transcripts have been evaluated, you will receive a confirmation email from MHCC’s admissions office. Once evaluated, transfer credit remains as part of the student’s permanent record. Coursework with a grade of D or better or passing will be evaluated. You can view your evaluated credits on your degree audit and unofficial transcript.  If you are not admitted, you can see how your credits will transfer by going to our transfer equivalency tool.

  4. Meet with an advisor in the academic advising and transfer center to see how your credits transferred and if you’ll need to take any portions of the college placement test. You may be referred to a program advisor if you have declared a specific major.

  5. Register for classes. If you need help learning how to use the online registration system, please visit the student services hub.

Financial Aid for Transfer Students

If you plan to use financial aid, special paperwork is sometimes required to receive financial aid after transferring to or from another college. Be sure to check your financial aid progress on MyMHCC and complete all steps well before the term begins.

Take the next step with Mt. Hood Community College

Have questions about transferring to MHCC?

Talk with our admissions team

Ready to get started?

Talk with an advisor 

Apply or request information