• Students Transferring to MHCC

  • Mt. Hood Community College (MHCC) accepts coursework from colleges and universities accredited by one of the following regional Associations of Colleges and Schools: Middle States, North Central, New England, Northwest, Southern or Western.

    PLEASE NOTE: Transcript evaluations can take 2-4 weeks (or longer during peak registration) to complete, so please plan ahead!

    If MHCC receives an official transcript from an Oregon Community College or an Oregon University System school, the transcript may be evaluated without the Transcript Evaluation Form. Once evaluated, transfer credit remains as part of the student’s permanent record. All coursework will be evaluated and documented on the student transcript, including all attempted credit. Please note: MHCC does not accept graduate level coursework.

    Note for transfer students who plan to use financial aid: Sometimes special paperwork is required in order to receive financial aid after transferring to or from another college. Be sure to check your financial aid progress on MyMHCC and complete all steps well before the term begins.

    Make sure you’ve submitted a General Admission Application to get an MHCC student ID number prior to starting this process.

    1. If you want to get an idea of how some of your courses from regionally accredited institutions may transfer to MHCC use our Transfer Tool (please note this guide will only list courses which have previously been evaluated by MHCC and does not replace an official evaluation as outlined below)
    2. Order your OFFICIAL transcripts from your other college(s). You can have them sent electronically to AR@mhcc.edu or by mail to: MHCC Admissions Office, 26000 SE Stark St., Gresham, OR 97030. There is an additional process for Foreign Based Educational Transcript. Please note, e-transcripts must be received directly from a secure delivery service provider. They are not considered official if forwarded to MHCC from the student.
    3. Complete the Transfer Evaluation Request form . When your transcripts have been evaluated, you should receive a confirmation email from MHCC’s Admissions Office.
    4. Meet with an adviser in the Academic Advising & Transfer Center to see how your credits transferred and if you’ll need to take any portions of the College Placement Test. You may be referred to a program adviser if you have declared a specific major or a career counselor if you are undecided or undeclared.
    5. Register for classes. To learn how to use the online registration system, please visit the HUB, or check out our online demos.