advisor helping student

Counseling and Mental Health Services

IMPORTANT: If you or someone you know is experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911, 988 for suicide and crisis support, or connect with a crisis hotline for immediate help. 

County Crisis Lines

If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, please contact the crisis line for the county in which you live:

Additional off-campus crisis resources

  • Trevor Project: Preventing Suicide Among Gay Youth: 866-488-7386
  • Veterans’ Crisis Line: 800-273-8255, Press 1 or text 838255
  • Crisis Text Line: Text "HOME" to 741741 from anywhere in the US

If you are an enrolled student at Mt. Hood Community College, you can access confidential, short-term counseling services with our faculty counselors at no cost. Service eligibility begins two weeks before a given term.

Students like you regularly use these services to help address concerns about:

  • Grades
  • Belonging and inclusion 
  • College life
  • Stress, sadness, anger, or loneliness
  • Friends, family, and romantic partners
  • Trauma
  • Healthy choices
  • Self-esteem
  • Life changes

These services are intended for short-term use, and our counselors may not be able to help you resolve all issues. If we are unable to help we will refer you to services on or off campus that will be able to better assist you. Concerns that fall outside the scope of our services include:

  • Request for formal psychological evaluation for the purpose of employment clearance; determining eligibility for vocational rehabilitation or disability benefits; or documentation for emotional support or service animals.
  • Student concerns that required open-ended, ongoing psychotherapy before coming to MHCC.
  • A history of multiple hospitalizations, chronic suicidality and/or self-injury behaviors; history of repeated suicide attempts.
  • Evidence or risk of progressive deterioration in mental or emotional functioning, requiring intensive intervention.
  • Substance/Alcohol use disorder treatment.
  • Currently intoxicated and/or impaired by use of alcohol/drugs.
  • Eating disorder treatment.
  • Court-mandated assessment or treatment requirements.

Please email [email protected] or call 503-491-7432 to schedule an appointment, or schedule an appointment online

Request a counseling appointment

Review counseling intake form

Anonymous mental health screening